Blockchain security firm PeckShield has disclosed a series of transfers from three addresses, including one from crypto exchange Bitfinex to Alameda Research’s consolidation wallet.
- According to Etherscan, the address labeled “Alameda Consolidation” received $13 million worth of crypto assets from three different wallets.
- The first belongs to the leading crypto exchange Bitfinex. It transferred approximately 6 million USDT and 1,545 ether (ETH), amounting to roughly $8.5 million.
- The other unidentified ones transferred about $6 million worth of USDC to the Alameda Consolidation address.
#PeckShieldAlert ～$13M worth of cryptos have been transferred to Alameda consolidation-labeled address, including ~6M $USDT & 1,545 $ETH ($2.5M) from Bitfinex, ~4.6M $USDC from 0x7889
Wondering why Bitfinex transferred ~$8.5M worth of cryptos to Alameda consolidation address pic.twitter.com/YU8RNcrdxs
— PeckShieldAlert (@PeckShieldAlert) February 2, 2023
- Although it is unclear why Bitfinex transferred the funds to Alameda, the transactions have raised questions about the connections between the two firms.
- Meanwhile, Alameda has been trying to recoup funds since its parent company FTX filed for bankruptcy in November 2022. Last week, the trading company sued Voyager Digital to recover the $446 million it repaid to the bankrupt crypto lender.
- Despite the attempts to gather funds, a recent report revealed that Alameda’s liquidators incurred losses amounting to $11.5 million in the first two weeks of January.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.